Saturday, January 29, 2011

To Market, To Market

Of course I had to take pictures of the produce in the markets. Of course - it's me! I'm always compelled by the colors and the variety and the differences and the similarities with my world of fruit and veggies. As with so much of the world, in Argentina the markets exist in odd places. Supermercados do exist where you could get everything under one roof, but mostly, markets follow the European model where you get your produce at one shop, your cheese at another, your meat at yet another, and so on. So you'd find the produce stand tucked next to the tire shop, the butcher shop adjacent to the book store, and the wine store hidden behind the bank. In my neighborhood of San Telmo, one of the nicest produce markets was located inside the antiques bazaar. Go figure.





No comments:

Post a Comment