Sunday, January 30, 2011

Mendoza

One word about Mendoza: Go. I fell in love with this city-that-feels-like-a-town pretty much immediately. After being in the big city of Buenos Aires for the two-week photography class, once I got to Mendoza, I feel like that's when the vacation portion of my trip began. Mendoza's leafy, broad streets are laid out around five central plazas, which are arranged like the 5-spot on a die. The biggest, Plaza Indepencia, comes alive every night as locals take up spots on the lawn to kick back, maybe listen to a free concert. A craft market sprouts up around the perimeter, and the sidewalks of the nearby restaurants are packed. It doesn't hurt that Mendoza is the hub of Argentina's Wine Country, or that it's the jumping off spot for recreational activities in the Andes. I feel as though I have unfinished business in charming Mendoza, so I hope to return someday. Sooner rather than later!






No comments:

Post a Comment